Absent additional emergency orders, generally the City is not in the position to direct what you do with your personal private property.
We do have the following suggestions:
- Please keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
- Please consider taking measures to secure the property, such as removing cash drawers and boarding windows.
- If you choose to stay at your business or property, please avoid confrontations.
- Please plan a secondary exit in the event of a confrontation and leave the area. Do not engage with anyone breaking in or threatening you. Once in a location of safety, plan to connect with loved ones.
- Choosing to stay and defend your business property puts yourself, those you encounter, and the general public in danger.
- Calling 911 continues to be the best way to report unlawful activity as it connects directly with dispatchers.