The next East Town Business Partnership Business Forum is scheduled for Thursday, February 21, 2019 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., at The Depot – 225 3rd Avenue South. The title of this month’s forum is “Ways the Social Determinants of Health are Transforming Institutions.” Registration, lunch and networking starts at 11:30 a.m. with the program starting at Noon. Please register via Eventbrite. If you are a Platinum member, or if you purchase lunch coupons with your membership, please contact Christie for the coupon code.
The World Health Organization defines the social determinants of health as “the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work, and age.” In this forum East Town and Hennepin Healthcare’s Upstream Health Innovation Team will share how they are leveraging human-centered design as both the mindset and the toolkit to promote health equity and meet the upstream needs of patients and communities.
Hennepin Healthcare, Spokesperson TBD
Spotlight Presenter: The Final Four Local Organizing Committee —Kate Mortenson, President and CEO
Upstream Health Innovation Team:
- William Walsh, Deputy Chief Innovation Officer, Hennepin Healthcare
- Andrea Brown, Senior Human Centered Designer, Hennepin Healthcare
- 11:30 am: Registration and networking
- 12:00 pm: Welcome and Introductions—Paul Mellblom, President
- 12:05 pm: Announcements and Updates – Dan Collison, Executive Director
- 12:10 pm: Final Four Spotlight: Local Organizing Committee, Kate Mortenson, President/CEO
- 12:25 pm: Upstream Health Innovations Feature Presentation + Q & A
- 12:55: Wrap up – Dan Collison
- 1:00 pm: Program ends