Thank you to everyone who attended the ETBP Brown Bag Lunch and Learn Business Forum on February 7, at Wells Fargo. Ben Shardlow, the Director of Urban Design at the Minneapolis DID, gave a presentation on changing the perception of public safety in the downtown community. He provided great examples of successful tactical urbanism projects in downtown Minneapolis. Attendees also had the opportunity to engage in small group conversations about ways to improve the perception of public safety in the East Town Business District. They discussed the following questions and identified locations on maps:
1. Where are East Town’s assets?
2. Where are there lots of people inside and out of sight?
3. Where are there empty or under-utilized outdoor spaces?
If you have thoughts that you would like to contribute to this conversation, please email them to [email protected].
ETBP February 7 Business Forum – Mpls DID Public Safety Perceptions presentation by Ben Shardlow
- Link to Hennepin Theatre Trust video of the Alley Project
- Tactical Urbanist’s Guide e-book
- Mpls DID Tactical Urbanism Web page