Members in good standing you or one designated person in your organization is eligible for nomination to serve on the East Downtown Council Board of Directors for the one year term beginning at the first board meeting following our annual meeting on April 26, 2012.
Per the EDC bylaws the board can include no less than five and up to fifteen members.
Presently on the board and expected to be included in the elections at our annual meeting are
- Brian Maupin – EDC Treasurer, Allied Parking Inc.
- Carletta Sweet – EDC Vice President, Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association
- Dan Collison – EDC Membership Director, First Covenant Church
- James Norkosky – EDC President, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- Jan Olsen, Padilla Speer Beardsley Inc
- Jeff Anderson, Minnesota Vikings
- John Campobasso, Kraus-Anderson Construction Co.
- Susan Braun, Elliot Park Neighborhood Inc
- Tim Tucker, Augustana Care Corp
- Tom Hayes, Hennepin County Medical Center
The EDC board currently meets to conduct business on the second Thursday of each month from noon to 1:30pm. Board members may be asked to serve our members in other ways as directed by the leadership. Governing documents and Board of Director Job Descriptions are available on request.
If you would like to volunteer or nominate a colleague to be added to the ballot at the annual meeting, please email Janelle Nivens ([email protected]) no later than Thursday April 10, 2012.
EDC Mission Statement
The East Downtown Council serves as an advocate for the Downtown East and Elliot Park business community, promoting a safe, productive business environment and communication between business and civic leaders.