Small Business Relief Grants available for restaurants, bars, fitness centers, event and entertainment venues
Starting Monday, November 23, businesses can apply for new grant funding to mitigate the economic impacts of COVID-19.
- Businesses that have not received Hennepin County Small Business Relief funds can apply for grants up to $15,000.
- Businesses that have received Hennepin County Small Business Relief funds can apply for additional grant funds up to $10,000.
- Application opens on hennepin.us Monday, November 23
- Apply by Tuesday, December 1, at noon
Eligible expenses include
- Utilities/non-payroll operating expenses
- Supplier payments
- Personal protective equipment/costs to comply with public health guidance
- Restaurants/foodservice establishments
- Bars/drinking places
- Fitness centers/gyms
- Event/entertainment venues
- View additional criteria
*Special note for Minneapolis bar and restaurant owners: this grant application requires that you have a copy of your restaurant and/or liquor license. If you do not have a copy of your license readily available, you can:
- Lookup a liquor license report on your own through the State of Minnesota Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement site. OR
- Contact your Business License Inspector or email email@example.com. Please make your request no later than noon on Monday, November 30 to ensure adequate time for a response.
Your license certificate from the City of Minneapolis may show a status of “delinquent” due to the suspension of liquor license renewal fees. Provided that you submitted your renewal paperwork and are in good standing with the state, this will not disqualify you.