Please join us this Friday to learn about how the City of Minneapolis is responding to Governor Walz’s anticipated opening of businesses on June 1. We will discuss restaurants, retail locations, services such as salons and barbershops, and more. Please share this invitation widely and register early to hold your seat!
During this week’s regular city-wide call we will cover:
- Minneapolis Forward! How the City is integrating your input and adapting to support and partner with businesses and workers
- Implementation in Minneapolis and essential steps to opening on June 1
- Key public health guidance
- Opportunities for career seekers and HR teams
- Worker protections and labor standards
- Small business technical assistance
Please submit your questions in advance and during the webinar: https://tinyurl.com/askMPLS
Read Emergency Executive Order 20-56: “Safely Reopening Minnesota’s Economy and Ensuring Safe Non-Work Activities during the COVID-19 Peacetime Emergency”
We anticipate continuing to gather Fridays 12:00 pm -1:00 pm on the dates below. Dates and topics are subject to change based upon your feedback and critical items that arise. Registration links are below for each week. Please visit our COVID-19 page for updates.
- May 22: Introducing Minneapolis Forward: Reopening & Rebuilding a more Resilient, Inclusive, Innovative, & Connected City Together. Live Q&A
- May 29: Minneapolis Forward: Reopening updates, working safely, and preparing our neighbors to shop local. Live Q&A
- June 19: Minneapolis Forward: Critical topics based upon Mayor Frey’s Emergency Regulations and Governor Walz’ Executive Orders, pivoting for Q3 and Q4 of 2020, budget updates (part one). Live Q&A.
- June 26: Minneapolis Forward: Critical topics based upon Mayor Frey’s Emergency Regulations and Governor Walz’ Executive Orders, pivoting for Q3 and Q4 of 2020, budget updates (part two). Live Q&A.
Previous webinars covered financial resources available to business owners, unemployment information for employees, sick and safe time/paid leave, small business guidance, new tools, Target’s S.A.F.E. Retail Toolkit, #TooLocalTooFail, and public safety. Thank you to our incredible guests and partners who have joined us for previous webinars: Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, the Minnesota District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce, and Target Corporation. View those recordings here: https://tinyurl.com/MPLSbizvideos.
Quick links for your convenience:
- Minnesota DEED information on Safely Returning to Work
- City of Minneapolis COVID-19 information for businesses
- City of Minneapolis COVID-19 information for workers
- FREE Search the 50,000+ available career opportunities
- FREE for employers! Post your open positions
- Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry
- Minnesota District Office of the Small Business Administration
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance for businesses
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidance
Thank you for your continued input and partnership.