The next East Town Business Partnership Business Forum is on June 15, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., at the Millwright Building – 513 S. 3rd Street.
The title for the June forum is the “Business Case for Regional Equitable Development.” This month’s forum will feature Shauen V.T. Pearce-Lassiter, the Director of the Center Cities Competitiveness Initiative and City of Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges.
A tour will be available of the Millwright Building (Ryan Companies new corporate headquarters) at 11 a.m., prior to the start of the business forum. Please RSVP for the tour and the business forum at Eventbrite.
Business Forum Description
Economic research is telling us that a diverse workforce creates stronger connections with a more diverse customer base, diverse senior management teams are more innovative and produce superior outcomes as compared to homogeneous teams, and the financial returns of companies in the top quartile for racial/ethnic diversity were 30% more likely to outpace industry peers’ financial returns.
This forum will feature Shauen Pearce-Lassiter, Director of the Center Cities Competitiveness Initiative, discussing regional perspectives and
Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges discussing the how Minneapolis can be transformed to capture economic acceleration through greater equitable outcomes.
- 11:00 a.m. Optional tour of the Millwright Building (please RSVP)
- 11:30-Noon Registration & Networking
- 12:00-12:10 Welcome / open / announcements/ Introductions (Dan Collison + Paul Mellblom)
- 12:10-12:15 Development Spotlight, “The Iron Clad” Development (Varun Kharbanda)
- 12:15-12:25 Regional Equity Perspectives (Shauen V.T. Pearce-Lassiter)
- 12:25-12:50 Speaker: Mayor Betsy Hodges
- 12:55-1:00 Wrap Up / Close (Dan Collison)
Thank you to Ryan Companies for hosting the June Business Forum!