The December EDC Business Forum will take place at the Guthrie Theater. Registration, lunch and networking start at 11:30 a.m., with the EDC Update and guest presentations staring at Noon. The cost to attend the event is just $20. Please RSVP by no later than Monday, December 15, at Noon.
The midterm elections are now complete and the Minnesota Legislature will head into 2015 in a new power sharing mode. Will post election commitments to bi-partisanship hold in the 2015 session? What are the emerging priorities for both parties? How will these priorities effect those who work and live in Downtown Minneapolis? Please join the member businesses of the East Downtown Council as our December Business forum will feature a panel of the elected officials connected to or adjoining the East Downtown district speaking to these important questions.
Invited Speakers include the following:
* Representative Dehn (59b: North Minneapolis, Downtown)
* Representative Hornstein (61A: Elliot Park)
* Representative Kahn (Marcie Holmes, East Bank, Cedar Riverside)
* Senator Bobby Jo Champion (District 59-Downtown through North Minneapolis)
* Senator Scott Dibble (District 60-Northeast to Cedar Riverside)
- Welcome and Introductions, Paul Mellblom, President EDC, Dan Collison, Executive Director EDC (10 Minutes)
- Ryan/Wells Fargo Construction Update, Tony Barranco, VP of Development, Ryan Construction (5 Minutes)
- Minnesota State Legislature Panel Discussion (30 Minutes)
- Q & A Moderated by Dan Collison (10 Minutes)
- Preview of the January EDC Forum and other Announcements (5 Minutes)