The East Downtown Council (EDC) has served the Downtown East and Elliot Park neighborhoods Minneapolis since 1979 and is poised to be a key advocate and connection to important leaders and resources in the City of Minneapolis.
As you may be following—Downtown East and Elliot Park are approaching what could be one of the most exciting moments of urban redevelopment in the past 50 years. The range of high potential development topics on the table include, “The People’s Stadium”, “The Great Streets Report”, the “Light Rail Corridor”,
and “The DEEP Initiative”. The East Downtown Council is fully engaged in these conversations and working on your behalf to advocate for your organization’s success and for the overall economic strength and integration of development goals to benefit everyone who lives and works here.
Benefits of East Downtown Council membership:
- Official representation for Downtown East and Elliot Park businesses
- Direct access to civic leaders
- Enhanced business visibility via logo link on website and directory listing
- Educational presentations at members’ locations (see recaps of past events)
- Influential representation on area development plans and initiatives
- Economic development support via collaboration with area neighborhood associations
- Wide reaching networking opportunities
- Eligibility for EDC administered business grants
- Eligibility to serve on the EDC Board of Directors
- Discounted coupons for catered lunches
Becoming a member is simple and affordable ranging from only $50 a year for restaurants to $600 a year for businesses who want to fulfill a greater leadership role in the development of our district.
[button link=”https://easttownmpls.org/edc-membership/” type=”big”] Click to Join or Renew[/button]